For budget-savvy travellers with more flexible timetables, Canadian North is pleased to provide stand-by fares. Stand-by travel allows you to fly at a greatly reduced rate provided there is space available on the day you would like to travel.
Guidelines for Travel
The following guidelines apply to those flying stand-by:
- Passenger must be 12 years of age or older
- Ticket must be purchased from the airport on the day of travel
- Stand-by only, based on flight loads on the day of travel
- Downgrades from other fares is not permitted
- The Call Centre can quote prices, but cannot make any bookings
- Meals are not included in the stand-by fare
Travel is permitted between any of the communities within each region.
Cambridge Bay, Kugluktuk, Kugaaruk, Gjoa Haven and Taloyoak.
Iqaluit, Hall Beach, Pond Inlet, Pangnirtung, Igloolik, Cape Dorset, Clyde River and Qikiqtarjuaq.
Beaufort Delta Region
Norman Wells and Inuvik.
To view fares between the communities, please click here.
Visit your local airport to purchase your stand-by fare.
We’ve made some changes to the cut-off times for checking in for flights and arriving at the gate.
Send us your best photos that showcase the true spirit of the North for use in the 2015 Canadian North calendar. Entries must be received by Friday, October 31, 2014.