For budget-savvy travellers with more flexible timetables, we are pleased to provide stand-by fares on flights operated by Canadian North. Stand-by travel allows you to fly at a greatly reduced rate provided there is space available on the day you would like to travel.
Guidelines for Travel
The following guidelines apply to those flying stand-by:
- Passenger must be 12 years of age or older
- Ticket must be purchased from the airport on the day of travel
- Stand-by only, based on flight loads on the day of travel
- Downgrades from other fares is not permitted
- The Call Centre can quote prices, but cannot make any bookings
- Meals are not included in the stand-by fare
- Available only on flights operated by Canadian North
Travel is permitted between any of the communities within each region.
Cambridge Bay, Kugluktuk, Kugaaruk, Gjoa Haven and Taloyoak.
Iqaluit, Hall Beach, Igloolik and Cape Dorset.
Beaufort Delta Region
Norman Wells and Inuvik.
To view fares between the communities, please click here.
Visit your local airport to purchase your stand-by fare.
Enjoy special fares on Nunavut inter-community flights. Book by Jan 2, 2016 for travel between Dec 20, 2015 and Jan 4, 2016. Details here.