For budget-savvy travellers with more flexible timetables, Canadian North is pleased to provide stand-by fares. Stand-by travel allows you to fly at a greatly reduced rate provided there is space available on the day you would like to travel.
Guidelines for Travel
The following guidelines apply to those flying stand-by:
- Passenger must be 12 years of age or older
- Ticket must be purchased from the airport on the day of travel
- Stand-by only, based on flight loads on the day of travel
- Downgrades from other fares is not permitted
- The Call Centre can quote prices, but cannot make any bookings
- Meals are not included in the stand-by fare
Travel is permitted between any of the communities within each region.
Cambridge Bay, Kugluktuk, Kugaaruk, Gjoa Haven and Taloyoak.
Iqaluit, Hall Beach, Pond Inlet, Pangnirtung, Igloolik, Cape Dorset, Clyde River and Qikiqtarjuaq.
Beaufort Delta Region
Norman Wells and Inuvik.
To view fares between the communities, please click here.
Visit your local airport to purchase your stand-by fare.
Fly on Canadian North this January & Februrary to earn Aurora Rewards Bonus Points 'Over and Above' your regular points. Click here for details.
Join Aurora Rewards for your chance to win 20,000 bonus points for you, and 20,000 to share with 5 friends! Valid for new enrollees October 1, 2014 - March 31, 2015.