For budget-savvy travellers with more flexible timetables, Canadian North is pleased to provide stand-by fares. Stand-by travel allows you to fly at a greatly reduced rate provided there is space available on the day you would like to travel.
Guidelines for Travel
The following guidelines apply to those flying stand-by:
- Passenger must be 12 years of age or older
- Ticket must be purchased from the airport on the day of travel
- Stand-by only, based on flight loads on the day of travel
- Downgrades from other fares is not permitted
- The Call Centre can quote prices, but cannot make any bookings
- Meals are not included in the stand-by fare
Travel is permitted between any of the communities within each region.
Cambridge Bay, Kugluktuk, Kugaaruk, Gjoa Haven and Taloyoak.
Iqaluit, Hall Beach, Pond Inlet, Pangnirtung, Igloolik, Cape Dorset, Clyde River and Qikiqtarjuaq.
Beaufort Delta Region
Norman Wells and Inuvik.
To view fares between the communities, please click here.
Visit your local airport to purchase your stand-by fare.
Canadian North is proud to be the official sponsor of the 50th annual Toonik Tyme Festival. Save 25% off our Saver fares to and from Iqaluit. Book by March 31, for discounted travel between March 30 and April 12. Seats are limited. Some restrictions may apply.
Canadian North is proud to partner with Celebrity Cruises to offer non-stop flights to Miami from select Canadian cities. Click to book your all-inclusive Caribbean cruise vacation.