Canadian North offers a new flat rate of $1.50/kg* on country foods shipments.
Locally harvested traditional foods (fish, wild birds & game), meeting these conditions.
- For non-commerical purposes.
- Applicable for transport on Canadian North inter-community routes or from Nunavut and NWT communites to Yellowknife, Edmonton and Ottawa only.
- All requests for pick-up and delivery must be pre-arranged with Canadian North. (Please note that pick up and delivery service is not available at all locations.)
- A Wildlife Permit is required to remove any wildlife or wildlife parts, other than a manufactured product, from the NWT or Nunavut.
- Wildelife Export Permits are available at Environment & Natural Resources offices in most communities.
- See http://www.enr.gov.nt.ca/_live/pages/wpPages/Exporting_Wildlife.aspx for more information in the NWT.
- In Nunavut, please check with your local Gov't of Nunavut Environment Office or phone 1-866-222-9063.
- All shipments must be clean and clear of blood
- Fresh meat, hides and capes packed in salt will not be accepted
- To prevent movement or damage within the package, use inner cushioning with leak-proof barriers for liquid items
- Choose a strong and durable outer packaging
- Each container should be of a size and weight for convenient handling. The weight of an individual package must not exceed 32 kilograms.
- Clearly mark name and phone number of shipper and consignee on a highly visible area on the package exterior
- Label the package "FRAGILE", "FREEZER", "COOLER", "DO NOT FREEZE", or "THIS WAY UP" where appropriate
- Remove old labels if using recycled boxes or packaging
- For additional information, please contact the local cargo office or visit the Cargo Rules Tariff
Starting December 31, 2012, all cargo being shipped on flights from or through airports with passenger screening will be required to undergo screening if the shipper is not registered with Transport Canada.
Canadian North offers a flat shipping rate of $1.50/kg for locally harvested traditional foods, including fish, wild birds and game.