Pivut 2013 - 2014
Since 2005, Canadian North has been providing PIVUT fares to Beneficiaries of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement and the Inuvialuit Final Agreement. With our shareholders, Nunasi Corporation and the Inuvialuit Development Corporation, we are very pleased to once again offer this discounted fare to our Beneficiaries.
Beneficiaries and their spouses can enjoy unlimited travel on Canadian North at savings of at least 65%*., anywhere Canadian North flies! New this year - travel to/from/within the Kivalliq or anywhere Calm Air flies!
*Plus applicable taxes and surcharges. Valid on flights operated by Canadian North.
For travel on Canadian North – or – Canadian North and Calm Air flights, contact us through one of the methods listed below.
For travel solely on Calm Air flights, contact Calm Air at:
How to Book (choose one of the following methods):
1. Request your travel dates by calling.
- State that you are a Beneficiary and are booking a PIVUT Fare.
- Our agent will verify your Beneficiary qualification.
In the Qikiqtani/Baffin, Kivalliq (connecting to/from Canadian North) and Kitikmeot regions:
Service in Inuktitut is also available.
In the Northwest Territories:
2. Go to your community airport to fill out a PIVUT ticket request.
- The airport will work with our booking office to check for availability and pricing.
- Once space is confirmed, payment can be made at the airport.
- Our booking office will then issue your ticket and receipt, and send them to you.
3. Download and complete the PIVUT request form.
- Then, either take the completed form to your local airport for processing, fax it to us, or scan and email it to us at:
FAX: (867) 979-3214
Things you should know
- Travel is valid between June 1, 2012 and May 31, 2013.
- Payment must be made within 3 days after a reservation is confirmed. If payment is not received within 3 days, flights will be cancelled.
- Keep in mind that the earlier you book, the greater chance you will have of getting the dates you prefer, as seats are not always available on the dates you prefer.
- After booking, you will be given a RECORD LOCATOR. This is how we find your reservation in our system, and will allow you to travel. Please be sure to bring this with you on all flights.
- You will also need to travel with Government-issued picture ID. If you have any questions on ID required, please go to our website for clarification - www.canadiannorth.com.
- Spouses and common-law spouses/partners are eligible to travel at PIVUT rates, on flights operated by Canadian North or Calm Air, provided they travel with the Beneficiary.
- The PIVUT offer is not redeemable for cash. It is also non-transferable to someone else, nor may it be reissued.
- Offer excludes Seat Sales and other discounts.
- Stopovers en route are not permitted – travel must be from the first community you board in to the final destination.
- Changes are permitted and are subject to availability at the time of request.
- Tickets are refundable if cancelled prior to departure.
- Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in the cancellation of all remaining flight segment(s). The flight coupon(s) will be forfeited and will have no value.